Year 6 Young Voices
Start: 30th Jan 2023 12:30pm
Duration: 10 hours
Here is the information for the Young Voices Concert.
- The tickets and t-shirts have been ordered and will be dispatched to you once we receive them which may be quite close to the date of the concert.
- The cost of the coach will be £9.00 per child.
The trip money should be paid via School Money – further information will be sent home.
We would like to thank the Friends Association for contributing towards the cost of the coach.
- The concert is on Monday 30th January. It will begin at 7pm and will finish at approximately 8:45pm.
- Please send the children into school in their Young Voices t-shirt, if they do not have one they need to come in a plain white t-shirt. The children will also need to wear school uniform on the bottom half. The children will have lunch in school as normal but at a slightly earlier time. If your child has a packed lunch, please send it in a disposable bag so that they can put it in the bin once finished.
- All children need to come with a packed tea. Please put this in a labelled plastic bag. They will be singing a lot so may want a few drinks and some snacks too. Children should not bring anything else into school on this day.
- The children will be leaving school at 12:30pm (after they have had their lunch). We will arrive at the AO Arena in Manchester and register at 1:30pm. Rehearsals will then start at 2pm – 5pm. The children will then have their packed tea.
- When the concert finishes at 8:45pm, the children will remain in their seats until the arena staff provide clear instructions on departure procedures.
- When the Arena staff inform us we are safe to depart, we will return to the coach and come back to school. Please collect your child from the school hall as this is the safest way to reunite you.
- The school building will be open. Please do not park on the car park as it is needed for the coach. Please come and wait in the school hall if you arrive before we do. We estimate that we will be back at 10pm. However, we obviously cannot predict the exact time we will be back but you will be kept updated and informed when we are back on the coach and on our way.
Information for parents who are attending the concert:
- Bag checks
- In addition to ticket checks, bags will also be searched. We don’t have any cloakrooms in our venue and for security reasons, no backpacks, or any bag larger than an A3 piece of paper (approx 35cm(W)x40cm(H)x19cm(D)) are allowed into the venue. Please limit what you bring with you as we do not have storage facilities on site.
- We’ll also get you to pass through our screening arches, these arches are our way of making sure nothing’s coming into the venue that shouldn’t be. They’re safe for everyone, including pregnant women and people with pacemakers. If you have any concerns, our on-site security support staff will be happy to chat to you.
- Video cameras and SLR cameras with removable large lenses are strictly prohibited in the arena. You may wish to take binoculars in order to locate your child in the massed choir. We hope you enjoy the concert.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Mrs Cooke and Mrs Culver