PE and Sport Premium Funding
At Lowton West Primary School, we have always recognised the importance of PE and sports on the health and well-being of our pupils. Providing a skill based PE curriculum, a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities and opportunities for all pupils to experience a range of competitive sports (Level 1, 2 and 3) impact positively on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Through our current audit of PE provision, we ensure our PE and Sport Premium Funding continues to extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, widening sporting opportunities for all, continuing to enter a range of competitive and inclusive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The government have provided £320 million PE and Sport Premium funding for Primary Schools. The funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education, physical activity and sport offered.
Purpose of the funding
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing additional enrichment and sporting opportunities
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport and attending sports competitions
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in School Games
- Providing additional opportunities for pupils on extra-curricular sports activities
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
Please view our Sport Funding Allocation and Impact Reports to see the breakdown of how our school spends the Primary School's Sport Funding.
Please visit our Sports page for more information on what is happening in school.