Refurbishment Programme 2018
The school underwent a major refurbishment during 2018. The works carried out included the following:
- Classroom 7 (Year 3) was extended.
- Classrooms 3 and 4 (both Year 1 classrooms) were extended.
- Reception classrooms were given a new more open-plan layout and the pedestrian access was blocked off, allowing more space for continuous provision areas.
- A new full length outdoor canopy (with shutters) was built on the Reception outdoor area.
- The Infant library had a brand new layout and is now more open-plan and much bigger!
- A new corridor was built off the entrance foyer – so that people do not have to walk through the hall to access other parts of the school building.
- An extension was built next to the Year 1 fire door to provide corridor access. This has improved the entrance arrangements for the Key Stage 1 pupils in the mornings.
- An extension was built close to the hall fire doors (this extension is now a new indoor PE store).
- The staffroom location was changed slightly and a new music/ meeting room was created.
- The new staffroom was completely refurbished.
We are delighted with the results of the refurbishment – it has undoubtedly enhanced our school learning environment!
We would like to thank all of the parents, children, staff and governors for their support and flexibility with arrangements whilst the refurbishment was taking place.
Our School Garden