Allergies and Food Intolerances
Some of our menu items may contain nuts, seeds and other allergens.
We understand the dangers to those with severe allergies or food intolerances.
If this applies to you, please ask to speak to the Duty Manager/Supervisor who may be able to help you make an alternative choice.
Guidance Notes for Allergies and Food Intolerance
• Inform your manager if you have been asked to provide a meal
for a customer who has an allergy or food intolerance.
• If you are required to provide meals to customers who have an
allergy or food intolerant then please
REFER TO THE SECTION
ON ALLERGIES IN THE FOOD SAFETY MANUAL
• Treat Food allergies and food intolerances similar – Avoid crosscontamination,
hands, cutlery, work surfaces, storage of brought in
items, cooking utensils, serving utensils, the food itself etc.
• Inform staff of food prepared for any special diets, including
• Make sure all staff including new staff is aware of serious allergies and food intolerances.
• Place the information of any customer with food allergy or food
intolerance in a prominent position in case of staff absences,
mobile staff, and temporary cooks.
• Keep to the ingredients of the recipe. Tell the customer what exactly is in the food; if you don’t know don’t guess.
• Liaise with the school and display the procedure should someone fall ill who has a food allergy or food intolerance
All the children have really enjoyed the range of activities planned during Healthy Lifestyles week.
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 all participated in energetic dance lessons with Lucy, who runs our Dance club after school.
The Year 3’s high energy Zumba taster session.
We would like to thank Mrs Willoughby for her hard work organising this fantastic week.
The children from KS1 also enjoyed sampling different healthy foods in sessions ran by the Metro Fresh team.
In Year 3 and Year 4 children had the opportunity to design and make their own pizzas with Metro Fresh
Year 5 and Year 6 all participated in a smoothie making task, blending their smoothies using the smoothie bike!
Live Kitchen - 15th April 2013
On Monday 15th April we will be changing the way children order school meals. We will be using a system call ‘Live Kitchen’, a computerised ordering and payment system which ensures children get the meals they want and to provide a cashless system payment for parents. You will be able to go online and order meals from home, view recipes and check ingredient information. Meals can be ordered at home or on the classroom interactive white board each day. Parents will also have the option to pay by Direct Debit. You will receive further information about ‘Live Kitchen’ tonight. If you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact us.